Friday, April 18, 2008

A Week Not So Alone

While June and her daughter Becky are on a Caribbean cruise this week, I not able to have gone to Haiti (see the prior post), have spent a good part of this week by myself at the lakehouse. Well, not always by myself. This morning I went to the Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center for a "Spring Migratory Birk Walk" with Tim Keyes (on the right) as our ornithologist. It was just great; we saw or heard sixty-six different kinds of birds, including a summer tanager, a kingfisher, and an osprey catching a braem on the wing. If that weren't enough, I got to meet Rusty Pritchard, the editor of Creation Care: A Christian Environmental Quartery, to which I have subscribed for several yeares. Rustry is on the left with his two boys, Angus and Euan. In the Spring 2006 issue, Tim has written "It's a Frog's Life: The songs of frogs are an early promise of spring." Couldn't have prayed for a nicer day!

I've placed a link to Creation Care at my other blog, Praying Daily.

No comments: